Next Step – Documentation Needed
We are so sorry you are going through a difficult time. Your application has been submitted but requires further action before it will be reviewed. Please read this page carefully.
Please check the email you listed on your application for your automated confirmation email. PLEASE DO NOT send documents until you have the confirmation email to which you can reply. Doing so will delay the processing of your application. If you do not yet have that confirmation email, please check your email’s spam/junk mail folder (particularly if your email is @yahoo.com) or email email@example.com , subject line “Resend confirmation”, and in the body of the email include your full name, email address and phone number. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is important that we communicate by replying to that confirmation email without making any changes to the subject line. This links everything to your application and provides us written record of our correspondence. Due to the very high volume of applications, email messages received that are not linked to a confirmation email do not get read and attended to in a timely manner.
Below is a list of information we need to complete your application (if you did not upload it with your application.) Please review and submit the necessary information:
- Photo ID
- Documentation that verifies your hardship. Examples – police report, doctor’s note, eviction notice, fire report, hospital discharge papers, court documents, photos of damage, positive Covid test results
- Bills you are seeking assistance to pay.
- Examples: Funeral Invoice/Contract, Electric Bill, Water Bill, Rent/Mortgage statement
- We need to see the entire page of the actual bill. Screen shots of account summary or an email stating your bill is ready to view is not sufficient
- For past due rent we need:
- Copy of lease
- Name, phone and email of landlord or property manager
- Tenant ledger showing charge and payment history and current balance
- Any past due notices you have received
- If you are asking for assistance getting into a new long-term rental, we will need something in writing from the landlord with the following info:
- Address of property
- Terms of the lease
- Monthly rent $
- Security deposit $
- Total $ due to move-in
- Move-in dated
- To whom/where to make payment
- Something in writing from utility companies detailing the $ due to turn services on in your new place
- Your Monthly Budget
- Download worksheet here
- If a line-item does not apply to your household, please enter “$0” or “n/a”
- If your total expenses are greater than your income, please share your plan to increase income and reduce expenses so you are self-sustaining moving forward
- Please send verification of income and/or benefits listed on your budget
You may take photos of these items and submit them by replying to the automated email you should be receiving momentarily. Please do not edit or change the subject line in any way. By submitting them via “reply” your documents will link to your application and have less chance of getting lost or overlooked. Please make sure the photographs are in-focus and include the entire page of the bill/document. If you do not receive an automated email very shortly, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Resend confirmation”, with your full name, email address and phone number in the body of the email message and a new confirmation email be sent. PLEASE DO NOT send documents until you have the confirmation email to which you can reply. Doing so will delay the processing of your application.