We are so sorry you are going through a difficult time. Your application and budget have been submitted.
If you did not upload verification of income/benefits when you completed your budget, you will need to email them as attachments. (Make sure your application # is in subject line.)
Please check your email for your automated confirmation email for both your application and your budget. If you do not yet have those, please check your email’s spam/junk mail folder (particularly if your email is @yahoo.com) or email email@example.com , subject line “Resend confirmation”, and in the body of the email include your full name, email address and phone number. You will also receive a personal email or text message within 7 business days with a status update.
Our board reviews completed applications weekly on Tuesday mornings. If assistance is granted, most payments are processed with in 2 business days. Payments made online, over the phone, or by direct deposit will be received quicker than paper checks that must be mailed.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is important that you communicate by replying to emails you receive from us without making any changes to the subject line. This helps link everything to your application and provides us written record of our correspondence. Please include your application # in subject line of email and on all communication. Email messages without application number in the subject line, are not read and attended to in a timely manner.
You should have uploaded the following with your application, but if you missed something or have more to add, please email them as attachments – do not insert into the body of the email message. (Make sure your application # is in the subject line.) Here’s what we need in addition to your application and budget:
- Photo ID for all household members who are 18 or older.
- Documentation that verifies your hardship. Examples:
- Fire: fire report, photos
- Illness: doctor’s excuse/orders, hospital/ER discharge papers, positive COVID test result
- Death: Funeral invoice/receipt, obituary, death certificate
- Accident/Crime: Police report, court documents, photos of damage
- Natural Disaster: photos of damage, media coverage of the event/storm
- Accident/Crime: Police report, court documents, photos of damage/injury
- Homeless: Eviction paperwork from former residence
- Bills you are seeking assistance to pay.
- Examples: Funeral Invoice/Contract, Electric Bill, Water Bill, Rent/Mortgage statement
- We need to see the entire page of the actual bill. Screen shots of account summary or an email stating your bill is ready to view is not sufficient
- For past due rent we need:
- Copy of lease
- Name, phone and email of landlord or property manager
- Tenant ledger showing charge and payment history and current balance
- “Pay or Vacate” notice or other past due notice mentioning eviction or legal proceedings
- If you are asking for assistance getting into a new long-term rental, we will need something in writing from the landlord with the following info:
- Address of property
- Term of the lease
- Monthly rent $
- Security deposit $
- Total $ due to move-in
- Move-in date
- To whom/where to make payment.
- Something in writing from utility companies detailing the $ due to turn services on in your new place
- Verification of the income and benefits you listed on your budget
You may take photos of these items and submit them as attachments by replying to your confirmation email. Please do not edit or change the subject line in any way. By submitting them via “reply” your documents will link to your application and have less chance of getting lost or overlooked. Please make sure the photographs are in-focus and include the entire page of the bill/document. If you do not receive an automated email very shortly, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Resend confirmation”, with your full name, email address and phone number in the body of the email message and a new confirmation email be sent.
Finally, we are a small operation. Debb Avery, our program administrator, only works part-time. She does not not answer phone calls if she is working with another applicant or not clocked in. She does, however, try to keep up with short texts even if it is only to let you know the next time she will be available. (For example, most weekends she doesn’t work.) Debb’s contact information will be in your confirmation emails.